Santa Barbara Pier
Stern’s Wharf is one of Santa Barbara’s hot spots and you’ll find it just over a mile from Kimpton Canary. Consider it a catch all for amazing local dining, sightseeing, shopping and exploring. It’s the longest deep water wharf between San Francisco and Los Angeles and steeped in history which is why the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Sea Center also calls the Wharf home.
Eat + Drink
- Char West – a quick serve fish and chip shop that is dog-friendly
- Longboard’s Beach Bar and Grill – relaxed, casual dining with patio
- Moby Dick Restaurant – family friendly, fresh seafood with an outdoor patio, daily happy hour from 4-6pm
- SB Shellfish Company – catch-of-the-day style fish shack at the end of the pier
- Conway Family Wines – sip and savor local wine in this tasting room open daily
- Mother Sterns Candy Company – variety of old fashioned candy including salt water taffy
- Nature’s Own Gallery – shells, fossils, minerals and jewelry
- Sterns Wharf Bait & Tackle – rent fishing gear daily, no fishing license necessary
- The Great Pacific Ice Cream Company – 32 flavors of ice cream handmade locally
Stearns Wharf is 1.5 miles from Canary Hotel which is approximately a thirty minute walk down the historic State Street toward E Canon Perdido Street. Driving on the wharf is permitted with free parking on your first 90 minutes. For more information, check here.