Stroll the Santa Barbara pier
Kimpton Canary Hotel is a top choice among guests looking for hotels near Stearns Wharf, the longest deep-water wharf between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Consider it a catch-all for surf-inspired local dining, sightseeing, and shopping, as well as home to the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Sea Center.
Eat + Drink
- Moby Dick Restaurant – family friendly, fresh seafood with an outdoor patio and daily happy hour from 4-6pm
- SB Shellfish Company – catch-of-the-day fish shack at the end of the pier
- Longboards’ Grill – relaxed, casual dining with an outdoor patio
- Char West – a quick-serve fish and chip shop that’s dog-friendly
- Conway Family Wines – sip and savor local wine in this tasting room open daily
- Mother Stearns Candy Company – variety of old-fashioned candy including salt water taffy
- Nature’s Own Gallery – shells, fossils, minerals and jewelry
- Sterns Wharf Bait & Tackle – rent fishing gear daily, no fishing license necessary
- The Great Pacific Ice Cream Company – 32 flavors of ice cream handmade locally
Stearns Wharf is 1 mile from Kimpton Canary. Driving on the wharf is permitted with free parking for the first 90 minutes. For more information, check here.